Pay is one of the main motivators of contract based work so of course, you’ll want to know that you’re getting paid the going rate. With this in mind,SJD Accountancy in partnership with Technojobs have built a Contractor rate checker. This unique tool helps contractors find the average daily rates for any IT job in any area nationally. Not only this, but by clicking through to ‘find jobs’ you’ll be taken straight through to a specific job search on the Technojobs website.
The checker also outlines how much you could be taking home through a Limited company. If you’re currently working through an umbrella company this tool is extremely useful for comparing your current take home pay with the net pay that you could be getting through a Limited Company.
On average, SJD has found that you’ll take home 75-80% of your contract through a Limited Company compared with 60-65% through an Umbrella company.
If you’re interested in going limited, have a read of some of SJD’s webpages.
If you’re new to contracting or just investigating the advantages of contracting have a look at:
- Benefits of contracting
- Finding work as a contractor or freelancer
- Expenses you can claim through a Limited Company
- The difference between Umbrella and Limited Companies
- Moving from permanent to contracting
If you’re an experienced contractor looking at the options, take a look at:
- Limited Company or Umbrella – the real story
- Company formation
- Free Guide to running a Limited Company
If you have any question about contracting or would like any further advice please either contact your SJD Accountant or call our New Client Services helpdesk on 0500 152 500 / 01442 232700 or e-mail email@example.com
SJD Accountancy is the UK's largest specialist provider of fixed fee, limited company accountancy services to contractors and freelancers.
We have been acting for contractors across the UK since 1992, have more than 12,000 clients; are the only national specialist firm of accountants with offices in all major cities; are the most recommended accountancy firm on the internet and have more qualified staff than any other specialist firm with qualifications from the following major tax and accountancy bodies - ATII, ATT, ACCA, CA, ACA, FCCA, ACMA.
SJD guarantees all clients:
- Free face-to-face meetings Tax is complicated which is why we offer everyone free face to face meetings in any city of the UK.
- Unlimited access to your own dedicated accountant. No call centres, no outsourcing, no automated call handling. Simply telephone, e-mail or meet your own dedicated accountant face to face
- Money back service guarantee .All your telephone calls and e-mails will be answered the same day or we will refund your monthly fee's.
- Outstanding reputation. We have won more awards for customer service and accountancy excellence than any other firm in our market.
SJD Accountancy offers a complete package including: completion of accounts, payroll bureau, dividends, corporation tax computations, personal taxation, free bookkeeping software, unlimited access to your accountant and all company returns for a fixed monthly fee of only £110 plus VAT.
We've have also won every relevant award possible, including: the 'Accountancy Age Award for Excellence' twice, once in 2004 and again in 2007, contractor UK’s 'Best Contractor Accountant', Sunday Times 'Best company to work for'; are a Quality Accountant as recommended by the Professional Contractors Group (PCG) and are recommended by the Sunday Times.
Article supplied by SJD Accountancy – Specialist Contractor Accountants